Sijun Forums Forum Index
My Profile Search Who's Online Member List FAQ Register Login Sijun Forums Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2    Sijun Forums Forum Index >> Gallery/Finished Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author   Topic : "Finished painting (please crit)"
TheMilkMan

Member #

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2001 10:28 pm     Reply with quote
Now this just isnt fair micke I am the one with the starwars art website and you are so much better then me...errrrr anyways awsome pic of boba fett . Hmmm you should paint Jango Fett because it would be very orginal since I don't think anyone has painted a good Jango Fett yet....
Light

Member #

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2001 10:35 pm     Reply with quote
This is cool but I think its a bit claustrophobic.

I think it could look better if you add some more characters and make a widescreen version.
shardik

Member #

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 12:05 am     Reply with quote
i think it should be widescreen as well, but no other characters needed.. just put him off center

------------------
-matt
micke

Member #

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 5:16 am     Reply with quote
Wow! You guys are too kind..Thanks alot!
Got a few comments about the right part
being too blurred and i think i'm gonna sharpen it up. I'm in the process of moving
right now so i don't think i'll get too much time right now, but i'll go back and correct
the errors when i got the time.

Fallen: i understand you still reading the forum, why not post any of your art here?
Nice to see you back

Christer: Nice to meet you at the release party! The figure drawing classes are every Monday at 19:00-21:00 and cost only 30kr.
We're planning to go now every Monday, but unfortunately i'm not gonna make it this time since i have to pack all my stuff for moving on Tuesday, but i'm pretty sure chester and Joachim and Bjørnar from Innerloop is going so you could just give them a call on Monday. Thank you for your encouraging words
Frost, Thanks a lot! It means alot hearing that from you. As i said earlier i'm gonna fix up the soft and blurred areas and make it more harder and sharp.
Poxen: Yeah, i did it in Photoshop. I still have'nt touched Painter yet. It scares me too much
Bizarde: Thanks! Your'e right. The gun is more sharper than the hands. Will fix!
Kjetil: No, finish it! Just add some more
reflection to it and it'll be fine
Light, shardik:
I was thinking of adding more space to the sides. I'm not very keen on adding more characters, but i could maybe add
Jabba's Palace walls in the background.

I'll post the impoved version as soon as possible!
-Mikael

------------------
Mikael's artwork
Jess

Member #

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 5:46 am     Reply with quote
Micke, I think it's a great painting. You captured nice lighting.. I think somebody already said that. I really like your art, but sci-fi isn't my preferred flavor (just my taste). I like your portraites much better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jess

Member #

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 5:50 am     Reply with quote
My comment didn't come out the way I wanted it to. It's very nice, just saying that I like your self portraite you made before because there was emotion in the image. (inserts foot in mouth)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
micke

Member #

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 6:10 am     Reply with quote
Thanks, Jess.
I totally respect that. I actually prefer Sci-fi more than Fantasy for example. But to me it does'nt really matter what i do as long as i do something

-Mikael

[This message has been edited by micke (edited January 13, 2001).]
BooMSticK

Member #

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 6:38 am     Reply with quote
Hey Micke,

Excellent Boba-picture!!! Colors are great and the feeling is there! The left side (his right) looks very convincing. However it does seem that you spend a lot more time doing those great metal glares than working on the right shadowy-side. His left hand seem a little awkward and not really that great defined and bent in a mysterious way. Also the exhaustion thing on his backpack seems to be hanging infront of or under his left elbow... I think it's because you shaded it in too light colors compared to the rest of the jetpack and the rest of the left arm. small things I know, but small things also count, right?

;Boom

nb. I'm actually working on a droid guard from episode one. Maybe we can let them have a bit of fun together soon?...
Gordillo

Member #

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 9:21 am     Reply with quote
I can feel the midi-chlorians running under my skin!! Your picture rocks (again)!!!

------------------
ALBERTO GORDILLO
gordillo@dinamic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gimbal

Member #

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 8:16 pm     Reply with quote
#$%! Excellent!!!

What I really love about this pic, and what hits me right from the start, is the depth of field (like what Sergenth was saying about taking a photo of something close up, like using a macro lens at full telephoto and setting the aperture to ...nevermind. You know what I mean).

Maybe sharpen the right side of him about equal depth to how far in the left side is and blur a little of the blaster's muzzle near the tip and we will all be ducking under our desks from his 3d-ness. Not that I have a bounty on my head or anything...those things aren't an easy thing to live with I'm told.
shardik

Member #

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2001 9:26 am     Reply with quote
only thing i would change is the hands.. i know it is supposed to be blurry, and it looks good and i like it but even under the blurriness something is off about it

------------------
-matt
Plop

Member #

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2001 10:21 am     Reply with quote
Whoa... Great work Micke. The values are dead on. This is my desktop walpaper now.
zthee

Member #

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2001 4:27 pm     Reply with quote
hello.

Its great!!
but one thing is bothering me (i do not know if someone has said this, if so then sorry).
the left side of mr. boba looks just great, the light is so good and give him just the right volume. so i cant complain there..
no on the other side, the right, i get this sketchy feeling. i know that the light is red and dull, so it should prob. look something like that. but i think that sketchy thing dont go to well with the left part of the image.

oh well.. thats just my small thoughts..

anyway it is still a great picture..

//zthee
Merekat

Member #

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2001 6:10 pm     Reply with quote
Ooh!! VERY nice! I especially like the strength of your form in constructing the armor. Looks quite solid. Very very nice!

You said it was off a model you built, if so, you're doubly talented. Tres cool of you to post this work. He's my favorite, too! ;}
ReSistanZ

Member #

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2001 12:35 am     Reply with quote
Love how you the lighting from the left, cool stuff, Boba Fett rules.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sijun Forums Forum Index -> Gallery/Finished Work All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: