Sijun Forums Forum Index
Log in to check your private messages
My Profile Search Who's Online Member List FAQ Register Login Sijun Forums Forum Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic
   Sijun Forums Forum Index >> Digital Art Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author   Topic : "Textures"
Dakkan
member


Member #
Joined: 23 Jan 2000
Posts: 259
Location: London, England (Nationality: Belgian)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2001 9:32 pm     Reply with quote
I was wondering how u guys do u'r textures (whether for 2d or 3d art...), and if u got any tips for me since i can't draw textures for shit... thnx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jerry
member


Member #
Joined: 28 Oct 2000
Posts: 306
Location: Canada, Ontario

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2001 9:41 pm     Reply with quote
...With My Hand

...With My Mouse

...With My Computer

...Carefully

No actually... I do them 2D usually with PhotoShop... I haven't done much textures yet.

------------------
-KARN- Forever. Die? Never
KARN's Page
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Flinthawk
member


Member #
Joined: 14 Oct 2000
Posts: 415
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2001 10:32 pm     Reply with quote
I do most of my textures purely by hand...I'd say at least 95% of them. The other 5% is from taking bits and pieces from photo source or from my fellow artist's textures here. The others here reference a lot more photo source from digtal photographs and like but still do quite a bit of original stuff in their textures.

Since I have to spit out a lot of textures in little time I have to use filters and other tricks to start off with a good, quick base. After that, it's all hand painting and cleaning up to get the texture as rendered as possible.

I've had projects where I've forced myself to paint by hand. Well, I kinda have to since there aren't too many dragons around today I got more satisfaction knowing I came up with original textures but I occasionally have to resort to photo-refs due to time constraints.

Just some examples...no photos, just hand painting and photoshop tricks, nothing special:



-Flinthawk

[This message has been edited by Flinthawk (edited January 12, 2001).]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
faustgfx
member


Member #
Joined: 15 Mar 2000
Posts: 4833
Location: unfortunately, very near you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 3:43 am     Reply with quote
wacom
burn/dodge
displacement maps
tons of channels
tons of layers
tons of insane drive
http://faustgfx.0wns.org/socalledart_10.html http://faustgfx.0wns.org/socalledart_5.html
http://faustgfx.0wns.org/gallery/11.jpg
the archway thing (oviarkki_1.psd) = burn/dodge from hell. these are quick ones though. 5-7 minutes at most each. work stuff would be nice to show but i can't yet :|




------------------
sky high with a heartache of stone you never see me 'cos i'm always alone/ministry
the law of lead now reigns!@#!/earth crisis

jussi.kuusi@mediaclick.fi
icq#35983387
http://faustgfx.0wns.org
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dakkan
member


Member #
Joined: 23 Jan 2000
Posts: 259
Location: London, England (Nationality: Belgian)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 9:26 am     Reply with quote
hey, thanks for the tips/help... guess i gotta start practicing like crazy. cool textures btw.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sijun Forums Forum Index -> Digital Art Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2005 phpBB Group