Sijun Forums Forum Index
My Profile Search Who's Online Member List FAQ Register Login Sijun Forums Forum Index

Sijun Forums Forum Index >> Random Musings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author   Topic : "-- LIFE --"
Shadow

Member #

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2000 7:49 pm     Reply with quote
I got into a ** LONG ** discussion with kurisu about life, how it begun, how it works and how it ends but we didn't get to go through all of it in detail so i decided to post a new thread, what do you guys think? do you believe that god has created the universe and controlling it now? or do you believe that there was a huge explosion in space and that was how earth formed, or maybe that aliens came here and planted us?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kurisu

Member #

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2000 8:36 pm     Reply with quote
I mentioned this briefly, Shadow, but I'll try and elaborate, expatiate and pontificate... know what I'm sayin' yo?

In the beginning, there was BOOM BOOM. Big, fat, hairy BOOM BOOM. Or something. Okay, I wouldn't have the slightest clue as to how it all started or will end! But, I do have an idea about what life 'could' be (though it's just an amusing theory - mind you!).

What if:

Everything I've heard, what I've learned of our entire history (from books to videos to school reports), every image from every great painter, music from modern musicians, jokes emailed by friends, every dog that's peed on a hydrant, every child who's laughed, wind-chimes dangled, the smell of a rose, a poem I write, a car accident just down the street I pass by, lonely moments, mathematical formulas, the concept of 'coupons'... what if all that stuff was and is in my mind? Nothing 'really' existed or exists. It's all within my mind. There is no 'time.' There is no 'quadratic equation.' I don't know the slightest thing about the inner workings of an car - and when mine breaks, I take it and it's just repaired (those auto-mechanics books/theories/classes only exist to the extent to which I understand them). When I see someone die, they don't really die, they just change - like a new frame of animation... And what others see and hear is only relevant when I hear/see/experience it for myself - or hear that person tell it to me. Like 'if the tree falls in the forest with nobody around would it make a sound' idea... So, there really wouldn't be any 'history' except that which I live throughout my own existence. And when 'I' actually die... I just see things differently by being 'born again' with another vision (however similar or different to the last) - in fact, why would there have to be a 'break' between them - maybe it's all just one constant, progressive vision. Or maybe, everything WILL end when I die - because I won't be there to imagine the 'reality' anymore.

The idea is not that life is complex with many elements simultaneously changing and evolving - but one life - with reference to all the others - but linked centrally into a solitary existence without any real rules. Any idea anyone ever came up with would actually be my own idea - because for it to exist, I had to have thought about it. Does this make sense?

Now, don't think for a second this is what I believe - because it's certainly not! But, I do think this idea is interesting to ponder. Just replace the 'I, me, my' in this with yourself, and see if the shoe fits! And if it does - everybody RUN! jk :P

-k (hey - I didn't write 1200 pages of nonsense this time! ...just nonsense :P)
Shadow

Member #

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2000 8:51 pm     Reply with quote
man... u gotta get yerself a job!! LOL
hehe basically:

I believe that life is like a big MMORPG game, every person affects the envirnoment in a different way, and the envirnoment effects the rest of the people in a different way... and so do the people, they effect eachother, so its like one HUGE chain reaction.

u also said that yer mind doesnt actually exist, then how do u even have it? it exists, like software on a harddrive (but memory on a brain) but what happens to that subconcious information after you die? does it simply disappear? get erased? like when you sleep, its still there, but your not concious...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kurisu

Member #

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2000 9:20 pm     Reply with quote
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Posted on behalf of the almighty [Shizo]... (he had problems posting)...
*consumes a whole glass of vodka in one gulp*

ERR i just wrote about two pages explaining my looong thoughts, but i deleted it all and decided to put it in just few words before i go to sleep =8*D

1. Speed/Matter/Magnitude is all relative
2. Everything repeats endlessly (take Shadow.. he repeats endlessly!)
3. Universe never started and will never end, its one single thing you cant get out of neither can you destroy it (or create).
4. (explanation to #2) Everything you can imagine and even EVERYTHING you cant imagine actially exists somewhere in the universe.. everything you think about, everything you DONT think about is out there in unlimited variations and numbers.
5. Hrmpth.. can i have any more vodka now?Give me vodka or i nuke you at once!!

Oh ya.. ask me if you have questions, ill try to explain easier if you dont get what i mean.
-[Shizo]
Spitfire

Member #

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2000 3:17 am     Reply with quote
<rant>

One shouldn't look at "existance" from an universe point-of-view but rather from an evolutionaty point-of-view.

The world itself is a static thing - a lump of molten rock with a crispy little crust around it, and on that crust gibt es muchos critters. Why? Well its just like an old pizza : leave it unattended for a week or two and before you can spell out your own name, there's stuff crawling on it. That's the secret of life. Life IS it's own reason. Life is so immensely complicated that its mere existance is the reason OF its existance. And to quote Jeff Goldblum in the role of Dr. Malcolm - "Life *will* find a way." Why? Because that IS life. Life IS evolution. Life, time, evolution, pizza''s and the internet are all one and the same thing. Namely our universe.

Think about it... nature is allready so complicated, there cant possibly be a reason for it. Life. Is. Its. Own. Reason.

</rant>

/Spitfire says : Darwin rules!

------------------

They're clawing at the sky,
they're gonna pull it down.
------------------
Shadow

Member #

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2000 7:19 am     Reply with quote
Every thought, theory and idea is simply an assumption, because we cannot prove any of this, for example, for all u kno shizo, the universe is simply a big ball, and 50 years from now, we will discover that.... or we could find that there is no end to the universe but how ca that be? There is a beggining, and an end to everything. Or we could find out that we are batteries used by a bunch of robots (like in the matrix, enneeheheh) or maybe we are merely a simulation? (13th floor). YA NEVA KNO!!!! EHH?
ozmosisq3

Member #

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2000 8:10 am     Reply with quote
Has anyone seen the movie the Matrix? Maybe life is all a dream like the Matrix?

Oz - to the Q3!
Shadow

Member #

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2000 2:33 pm     Reply with quote
Yea... Matrix and 13th Floor are two of a kind

(Matrix is my fav movie, saw it 4 times, kno most of it by heart, hehe)
ozmosisq3

Member #

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2000 5:16 pm     Reply with quote
Ditto, the sound track also kicks some serious ass!

Oz - to the Q3!
Shadow

Member #

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2000 7:26 pm     Reply with quote
The storyline was pretty good but the action was my fav part hehehe
Muzman

Member #

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2000 7:26 pm     Reply with quote
if you guys are gonna start crapping on about the matrix, I recomend you go read some Plato as well.
I never hurts to knowhere these ideas come from and how far back they go. Then once you've reade "The cave", go get yourselves some Husserl and a whole pile of Philip K. Dick's book too.
klaivu

Member #

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2000 11:00 am     Reply with quote
I don't think i exist.

Shadow

Member #

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2000 5:13 pm     Reply with quote
all I know is that bums exist! and thats bad enuf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sijun Forums Forum Index -> Random Musings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: