Sijun Forums Forum Index
My Profile Search Who's Online Member List FAQ Register Login Sijun Forums Forum Index

Sijun Forums Forum Index >> Digital Art Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author   Topic : "Sijun.com Forums End"
Dhabih
Administrator

Member #

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:01 pm     Reply with quote
Hi All,
It's been a long time coming, and I'm not sure anyone is even active here anymore, but it didn't seem right to just closeup without a word.

20 years ago this place started as one of the only, if not only, places to share and talk about digital art. A lot of talent had made it's way through here and a ton of learning and feedback and discussion that made it a joy for me to host. I believe at one point I was getting 50,000 people through here a day. A number that is not very impressive today, but in 1999, quite a feat. The more I got caught up in my work, the less time I had to spend here, but this forum thrived for many years after i'd stopped frequenting it thanks to all your contributions. Quite frankly I am as impressed as I am surprised that it went on for as long as it did. A huge huge thank you to Rowan 'Sumaleth' Crawford for really being the groundskeeper here in my stead. Without him, I have no doubt this place would have died many years ago.

After discussing it with Rowan, rather than completely shut it down, I will be locking the forums sometime in the next week or two so that people can still come here for the history of it in the future. Unfortunately many of the image links are dead and not much can be seen by way of images, but I guess it feels wrong to wipe it from existence.

If you'd like to hang and chat, I've created a Steam Chat (using the new Steam Chat, if you arent in the beta, you can still use it through the web)

https://s.team/chat/errauEkw

Drop by there and say hi! Who knows...maybe we can get more than 10 people in it Smile

peace,

-Dhabih

Last edited by Dhabih on Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Sumaleth
Administrator

Member #

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:07 am     Reply with quote
It's been my pleasure to be part of Sijun all this time, as both an occasional digital art practitioner but mostly, I guess, as just a big fan of digital art.

It's been a huge joy to see names of artists I remember from these forums from 15-20 years ago making waves in film, television, videogames, and education in the years since. I suspect a full list of Sijun alumni achievements would be mind boggling.

Some recent self-portrait pixels for old time's sake:

Rowan
@Sumaleth
alyssa milano

Member #

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:08 am     Reply with quote
Sad
sicksicksick

Member #

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:12 pm     Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad
whom

Member #

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:32 am     Reply with quote
sicksicksick wrote:
Crying or Very sad

You were the last frequent poster man. Smile

Wow its been 16 years for me, I joined 2002. I did post under some different aliases during the years but my first one was Matthew and this was my last one.
I learned a lot from this place and not only artwise.

Nowadays I don't do art at all, I mostly play games on sparetime and work in the IT support business related field. I got my education as an Energy Technician though after many years studying art, I made 180 and then a 720 and then 180 and then 180 again I guess. Never got anywhere with my art and it made me start to hate everything related to creating, maybe I will be back we'll see. Anyway, gaming can be creative too. I am currently building a badass Dojo in Warframe lol so I guess I still do some creative as long as it is in within a game.

durgldeep, where are you man? Smile We had a lot of fun with 3d. Smile
Lakka

Member #

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:54 pm     Reply with quote
Thank you very much for all the times and inspiration..

Was not really sure what to do or where to head at one point and my young life, then got a wacom as a gift and found the forums by accident, and now working with architecture. I do not think I ever got any kind of personal connection to anyone here, but I can honestly say this place has affected my life greatly, much more than I probably like to realise or give credit for Laughing Smile

The love to make something and develop yourself as well as to give a nod when someone was pushing themselves always felt so authentic and inspiring here.

One of a kind place.
Tzan

Member #

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:20 pm     Reply with quote
Thanks Dhabih, for making the place.
It was always a highlight for my day so see the amazing stuff people made.

Thanks to Sumaleth for keeping it alive for so long.

Bye everyone !

Tzan

( I have the same username on the Unity game engine forums and on Brikwars.com forum. )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sijun Forums Forum Index -> Digital Art Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: