Sijun Forums Forum Index
My Profile Search Who's Online Member List FAQ Register Login Sijun Forums Forum Index

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
   Sijun Forums Forum Index >> Archive : Sep99 - Dec00
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author   Topic : "newbie sketches"
Tendril

Member #

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2000 4:48 am     Reply with quote
Heya,
These are a few sketches ive done that i decided to scan and post with my new scanner i got for Xmas.

Im pretty new to drawing, ive only been sitting down and learning properly for 3 months. Im primarily a 3d person- ive been doing that for much longer, so if i post anything else itl prolly be 3d.

both these started off as basic figure studies that i sort of kept working on. ive learnt a bit from doing them, proportions are a bit out in places and i need to sit down and learn to draw hands. hehe, i drew the chicky one sitting way back in my chair and it came out elongated cos of the perspective, but i squashed it a bit in photoshop after

Solitaire

Member #

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2000 5:00 am     Reply with quote
Oh that's not too bad espescially for a start! Still some minor errors though.
I like the girl although you obviously tried to get rid of the hand problem, right ?
Someone here (I think it was Frost) posted a nice little tutorial on drawing hands and fingers.
When I started drawing girls I often used topmodell photos as reference hehe - sometimes make use of those even today

well come on those basics are also important for 3D
Tendril

Member #

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2000 5:09 am     Reply with quote
yeh, it would be cool to be able to draw hands There are some tutorials at www.polykarbon.com that im gonna go through when i get the chance, i might even do that right now...
Tendril

Member #

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2000 2:43 am     Reply with quote
Is there any other cunstructive criticism or helpful hints?
WICKED

Member #

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2000 2:10 am     Reply with quote
im pretty new myself so im not going to crit. Just keep working hard and do alot of reference drawings, or atleast thats what ive been trying to do. Youre already off to a good start. Keep working hard and youll be there. Dont sweat about people not replying back. Once you start posting awsome stuff youll be flooded with posts .
Most people dont reply to mine either. Work on the faces too specially the first image.
WICKED
Jezebel

Member #

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2000 2:21 am     Reply with quote
Heya Tendril!

The main thing that jumps out at me about these characters is that they are very long. It seems as though you were trying to create tall, lean characters but maybe you added the length in the wrong places? I'm no anatomy expert so I can't help you out too much.

My biggest suggestion to you would be to draw, draw, draw! I think you've got a lot of potential, and you have an eye for detail (I noticed how you drew the seam coming up the inner leg of the girls pants - nice )

Try drawing from life, maybe get some family members or a significant other to sit down and pose for you. Keep in mind to draw only what you see and not what you think you see. You're mind can play some nasty tricks on you.

If your family/friends won't pose, try going to a park or some place with a lot of people to sketch out the figures as they pass. I think that drawing in public will also help you to build some confidence as an artist.

Keep drawing!

-Beth

------------------
Take off your clothes. It's OK - I'm an artist.

[url=http://div.dyndns.org/FOO!]http://div.dyndns.org/FOO![/url]
http://div.dyndns.org/beth/photography
faustgfx

Member #

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2000 4:27 am     Reply with quote
don't be so damn positive..

------------------
sky high with a heartache of stone you never see me 'cos i'm always alone

jussi.kuusi@mediaclick.fi /
icq#35983387
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Sijun Forums Forum Index -> Archive : Sep99 - Dec00 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: